Wednesday 6 February 2013

Reviewing film reviews lay out and how to analyse.



Model example focus structure and layout.
-picture
-tittle
-text
-sub tittles
Analyse the body of text-terminology(media+film)
literacy level: -elaborated
                    -restricted         -code/ mode of adress- formal? informal?
                                            -narrative focus -teaser-critical-promotional
Audience type: -film buffs/experts+fans
                       -entertainment seekers
                       -General->sunday suppliment
                       -demographics/age/gender/class              terminology-online
                                                                                                       -offline
                                                                                                       -both
                       -star fans
                       -techno geeks
Does the magasine/source of the review merit or discount the review of the film due to the institution who are commenting/reviewing the film.
Industry/institution...
-Empire
-Odeon
-Total Film
Reflective comment:
From analyzing this magazine review I learnt quite a lot to help me create my own magazine review. My analysis of this review is in the post above on the blue postits. I believe that me doing this analysis has helped me to realize what type of film review page I would like to do. This review is very formal and I believe that it is written to address an older audience of a maturer age. This is, in its form the type of style I will probably go for. If I choose to do a review this way, I would have to chose 4-5 other films like or unlike mine which I could review also. As this may be hard a good idea may be to review my classmates work and apply them in short reviews on the page.    

No comments:

Post a Comment