Wednesday 10 October 2012

FILM: How Should My Audience Respond?

when watching my film i would like my audience to feel:-Anticipation of the storyline and emotions / sad for the character / interested in what happened to him /questioning: who is the other person?




My research into audience types and interests suggests that my film is best suited to:
the young adult audience 18-25 regular film goers but yet to smaller independent film distribution site. Due to it being a short film it is unlikely to be scheduled into a main stream cinema complex: In Norwich we are lucky enough to have an art house cinema which would be suitable for screening my movie.
www.picturehouses.co.uk


Summary of my plot narrative. (1)
Reece is a normal, every day working man, stubble, 6ft tall, thin, well groomed. He is in his house preparing to leave to find sivilisation, with deserted streets the world is dead with no feeling the dominant force has been wiped out. As time goes on he becomes more desperate to find people like him always questioning 'Am I the last?'. Time goes by he looses the will to live, finding a quiet, painless way to end his life. As he takes his last breathe the radio crackles with a vague voice.

Summary of my plot narrative. (2/january 2013)
Reece is a conventional young man, red hair, 6ft tall, thin, casual dressed. we see him going about his day to day life, He is in his house carrying out mundane tasks then leaving , with deserted streets the world is dead with no feeling the dominant force has been wiped out.  time goes on and nothing changes or does it?
I think this will engage my audience more and become a more successful short film because, because the enegmatic ending is more conventional to short films and will make the audience leave the cinema talking about what they have just seen. 

Critics...
-Do I know the style of my film?

No comments:

Post a Comment